What is DevSecOps Foundation?
As companies are pushing code faster and more often than ever, the rate of vulnerabilities in our systems is accelerating. As we are being asked to do more with less, DevOps has shown immense value to business and security as an integral component that needs to be integrated into the strategy.
Topics covered in the course include how DevSecOps provides the business value of DevOps and the ability DevOps has to enable the business and support an organizational transformation with the ultimate goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk, and optimizing cost in the organization.
DOSF course positions learners to successfully complete the DevSecOps Foundation exam, which is offered on the last day of class for classroom learners. Virtual learners will receive a voucher for a webcam proctored exam which they can schedule at their convenience.
This course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps; particularly how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the end of this course, participants will understand using “security as code” with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service.
The course is designed to teach practical steps on how to integrate security programs into DevOps practices and highlights how professionals can use data and security science as the primary means of protecting the organization and customer.
Using real-life scenarios and case studies, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back at the office.
The purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps
How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches
Business-driven security strategies
Understanding and applying data and security sciences
The use and benefits of Red and Blue Teams
Integrating security into Continuous Delivery workflows
How DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization
- Greater speed and agility for security teams
- An ability to respond to change and needs rapidly
- Better collaboration and communication among teams
- More opportunities for automated builds and quality assurance testing
- Early identification of vulnerabilities in code
- Team member assets are freed to work on high-value work
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Comprehensive glossary
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Anyone involved or interested in learning about DevSecOps strategies and automation
- Anyone involved in Continuous Delivery toolchain architectures
- Compliance Team, Delivery Staff, DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers, IT Security Professionals, Practitioners, and Managers
- Maintenance and support staff, Managed Service Providers
- Project & Product Managers, Quality Assurance Teams, Release Managers
- Scrum Masters, Site Reliability Engineers, Software Engineers, Testers