VIRTUAL DOJO – PLAYGROUND
- Category: CONSULTING
- Viewers: 349
- Course Capacity: 25
The Pandemic has become a great catalyst for adoption of technology. The challenges posed by the pandemic will invariably accelerate the rate of adoption of new technology and tools. Even after the Pandemic subsides the way of working will change. There will be need to have a new approach like safety and hygiene regulations like social distancing, contactless activities along with the convenience. This needs to new ways of working with a lot more of help from technology. Working from home, virtual meetings, virtual instructor-led learning, use of AI/ML and many more decisions will be taken on the basis of data and not on the basis of “what we have done earlier” approach. Virtualization, extensive use of cloud, IoT, Observability with Remote sensors, telemetry and monitoring, satellite based asset tracking solutions, etc., will be the new normal. This will need the business to think doing things differently.
This necessitates the “Hypothesis based Experimentation” approach. Moving from a Project to Product approach will be supported by Experimentation and learning. We need to do things differently and thus experimentation is important. This requires “Dojo” or a place to perform these experiments. Every organization needs to focus on innovation, not only on their products but also how to use the IT to deliver it to their customers. This also has to be done with distributed workforce.
> WHAT DOES A VDOJO COMPROSE OF?
The VDojo will be a virtual immersive transformation centre. It is going to provide the following:
- Space for Learning and Fun
- VDojo Lounge for discussions
- VDojo Learning programs
- Experiential Learning
- Optimize Collaboration
- Slack Channels
- Zoom/Team/Google Hangout sessions
- Huddle Rooms
- Screen Sharing
- Whiteboards for Collaboration and Visualization
- Team Spaces
- Team Boards like Failure Board
- Open Space for Inter-Team Collaboration
- Sharing of boards
- Knowledge sharing sessions across teams
- Networking programs across teams
- Demo Lounges
- Sharing of work to all working in Dojo
- Demo to Business
- Information Radiators
- Kanban Boards
- Failure Boards
- Fun Corner
- Blue, Red, Purple games
The following are the roles:
- VDojo Coach – Provided by our service. They will be the master coach and also give the overall plan based on the Hypothesis to be proven/disproven
- Agile Coach – Can be part of the team or provided by our service.
- Product Coach – Person is skilled in various product-discovery practices and techniques. Will work with Product Owner and Business to help to understand how to validate an idea with customers and determine value. They will have Product Management Skills. They will help guide the team on how to negotiate, prioritize, be a stakeholder and influence direction of the product being built.
- Technology Experts – They will provide knowledge on some of the most popularly used tools and help the team on how to use them. They will also provide training on:
- Application Security (DevSecOps)
- Cloud-native Development
- Leveraging Public Cloud
- Integration – APIs, Microservices and integration
- Subject Matter Experts – To come from the team
- VDojo Operations Management – Providing Management of the Platform for the teams working in the VDojo.
> THE LIFECYCLE OF THE VDOJO (ONCE THE ENGAGEMENT IS SIGNED)
- Consult – Meeting with the team to describe what the VDojo is and what to expect including how it will help. This will be used to show what value the VDojo will provide
- Charter – We will help develop the charter to define the outcomes expected at the end of the engagement
- Experience – Actual learning and execution of the charter. This is where the team will work actually with the coaches
- Release/Closure – Retrospective to see what went well and what needs improvement. What is the learning being shared with others.
- Additional Assessment Service can be provided once the teams go back and implement in their organization.
Customers can come for only learning too. However, the greatest advantage is when the team comes with a Business Problem to solve. People outside the team from the same organization can come to see what the team is doing.
> TOOL PARTNERS
What do we need?
- The platform to provide this virtual environment
- The experts to fill up the roles mentioned above
- Tools partners for:
- CI/CD pipeline
- Operations related tools
- Security related tools
- DataOps related tools
- Tools Trainers
- VDojo Operations Management
- VDojo Manager
- VDojo Marketing and Sales
Partnership model will be best. Partners gain as the teams coming in can learn and then they become leads to be new customers for the tools or it helps in better utilization of licenses, if already bought by the teams, thus having more people to use them, thus influencing the increase of the license sale.
The VDojo platform can also be used as a place for advertisement of the partner organizations.